Sunday 2 August 2015

Questions

Here are a couple of questions asked via the Contact Form

Was your treatment available on the NHS or did you have to pay for it?

My implant surgery was done through the UK NHS.  As you have read in my blog I did go through every other form of treatment first - every pill available, Vacuum Pumps, MUSE and Caverject injections.  The pills did nothing except give me a headache, MUSE was painful, the pump did help with penile health and the injections gave me a good erection but I developed a bit of a bend - none of them were spontaneous or that comfortable though.  Once I had tried everything I started looking at the implant as a last resort and was told because I had tried everything else there was no problem with NHS funding.
  
Is your erection solid enough for penetrative sex and what degree of satisfaction can you achieve?

I was offered a choice of surgeons and implants and styles.  I chose the AMS LGX700
(I only ever saw and felt 3 different demo models in the doctor’s office) because deflated it felt soft (the same as was normal for me) and inflated it expanded in both length and girth.  The erection I get is definitely hard enough for penetrative sex, in fact I can inflate to be as hard as I want for as long as I want.

For the first 3 months or so after implant surgery parts of the shaft of my penis felt a bit numb - it did not make any difference to my ability to orgasm though.  Now 2 years later I am almost back to my pre prostate surgery size, my sex life is great, the implant is part of me and best of all my penis fits my body again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rugby Dave,

    I'm writing this from my girlfriends google account so don't be alarmed if you see a female name!!

    Thank you for your very useful insights into the next steps post prostate cancer.

    I was diagnosed 2 years ago, tried out cryotherapy which worked initially but I have found out that the cancer has returned. I will be having a prosectomy in the next few weeks. The cancer has spread to the nerves so they will be removed with the prostate.

    Initially the erectile implant option didn't sound appealing to me but after reading your posts it really has given me some hope. And I am coming round to the fact that t will be much better than nothing at all.

    I have a few questions for you.

    Did the size of your penis change much post surgery?

    Did the prosectomy change your sex drive?

    Will the erection stay hard and how long for?

    Many thanks in advance,

    All the best

    Robby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly it’s a bit of a bummer that the Cryotherapy wasn’t successful in the long term but as you have seen a prostatectomy does not have to mean an end to your sex life.

    To answer your questions:-

    My length did change after the prostate surgery - I lost about 1/2” from my flaccid length. As I’ve said on my blog I used all the pills and potions first but eventually I used a vacuum pump to restore length/girth to make me almost my pre op size.

    I did not lose my sex drive but prior to the implant and without an erection it was a bit frustrating until I got used to soft orgasms - with a bit of work and change in technique they are not too bad.

    Because it is pumping the bulb in your scrotum that give you an erection the implant will stay hard for as long as you want it to - until you push the button to deflate it.

    Good luck with everything and anything else no mater how daft you think it might be just give me a shout.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete